BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 7, 2010

Beauty: My Passion and Frustration

Beauty is said to be in the eye of the beholder. I agree, but I know that it's easier for the eye to behold a well put together person than one who is floundering. Beauty isn't as hard as it sounds or looks. It takes some practice but once you've mastered the art of your face, it isn't hard to be consistently nice looking.
This is what frustrates me: people who have not the slightest idea of how to apply simple items like a base or even how to choose the right colors. There are those who think they know what they're doing who make a huge mess of their faces and those that don't know and won't try. I don't spend a ton of time investigating the proper applications, but i feel like it's as easy as, "I want to know, so I'll Google it." It takes five minutes on the web to understand the best way to apply eyeshadow or find out what colors best suit your skin-tone.
A woman who cannot figure out the basic application of a base, lipstick, blush, eyeliner and mascara can give the unintended appearance of a lack of good hygiene. I don't mean that every woman must wear all of those things (some women only need a touch of blush and a swipe of mascara), but that if any of them are applied incorrectly this adverse effect will occur.
In this section of my blog I will be posting about beauty flubs I've noticed and how I'd fix them. I have quite a few tricks up my sleeve after a decade of application.

0 comments: